The Cookies Policy of Merkaat applies to all its portals, on which it may use its own cookies and the cookies of collaborating companies. The purpose of using cookies is to provide a better service and optimise the user experience.
Concept of cookies
Cookies are a type of file or device, which, once downloaded to the user's computer, collect data that can be recovered by Merkaat in order to provide a better service.
These files are used for the following reasons:
- To ensure the correct functioning of Merkaat websites.
- To store temporary information on user preferences, such as language.
- To collect statistical information in order to improve the user experience on the websites.
The types of cookie used on Merkaat portals:
1. According to the amount of time they remain active:
- Session cookies compile and store data generated by users of Merkaat while accessing and browsing the website. This information is stored in order to provide the service requested.
- Persistent cookies are cookies that store data on the user's device for a period of time defined by the person in charge of the cookies, and ranging from minutes to years.
2. According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: these cookies are necessary to enable the user to access and be identified in the service, and to operate correctly.
- Customised cookies: these cookies enable the user to browse the Merkaat website, platform or application, and use the different options or services available, such as the language, the screen resolution on the device used, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies enable the person in charge to monitor and analyse user behaviour on the websites to which they are linked. The information provided is used to measure Merkaat's website activity in order to prepare user profiles on the browsing of these sites, applications and platforms, with the aim of making improvements based on the analysis of the user data collected on how the service is used.
Merkaat uses Google Analytics and third party cookies, for example, in order to provide a better service. At the same time, we inform you that the data collected are handled mainly for statistical purposes, such as the devices used, languages, geographical information, etc.
We inform you that Merkaat reviews its Cookies Policy annually. However, if there is a factor that requires review, it may do so more frequently.